The main changes in this release are:
- Testing of JSF pages: A “how to” guide has been added to cover testing of JSF pages, based on experiments that have demonstrated that ObMimic can be used for out-of-container testing of complete JSF pages (including full control over the ServletContext and ability to access the JSF FacesContext and API within tests).
- Maven: A “how to” guide and “pom.xml” file have been added to aid in the use of ObMimic within Maven-based projects.
- Listeners for Servlet API calls: Listeners can now be installed into Mimics to intercept, examine and optionally modify Servlet API calls and their results at the point where they occur, as described in an accompanying “how to” guide. In particular, this can be used as a last resort to work around any questionable Servlet API calls made by third-party code, or to overrule ObMimic’s built-in behaviour for a particular Servlet API call.
Additional changes include:
- Any attempt to use a Java EE jar that is deliberately limited to “compile-time only” is now explicitly checked for and reported, and documentation has been updated accordingly.
- Options have been added for configuring how the ServletContext “getResource” and “getResourceAsStream” methods behave when given “directory” paths.
- Various minor fixes and documentation improvements.
- ObMimic has been tested against some additional JDKs, including a JDK 8 early-access release.
For more complete details, refer to the Changes in ObMimic 1.0 Beta 10 page.
Note that our current intention is that this will be the last “beta” release, with the full 1.0 release to follow next.