Updated August 2014: ObMimic is now out of beta, with latest version available from www.openbrace.com
The main change from the previous 1.0-beta-8 release is compatibility with Servlet 3.1 and Java EE 7 libraries, so that ObMimic can be used with such libraries.
Whilst full support for Servlet 3.0 and 3.1 features is still pending (and intended for future releases), in the meantime this at least allows ObMimic to be used in the presence of Servlet 3.1 or Java EE 7 libraries (i.e. it can now be used with any Servlet 3.1 library as well as with any Servlet 2.4, 2.5 or 3.0 library as before). This also paves the way for the gradual introduction of Servlet 3.1 support in future releases.
- ObMimic’s Javadoc is now supplied in Java 7 style (but including an adjustment to work-around a problem in some versions of the Eclipse IDE that render Eclipse unable to parse such Javadoc).
- Various minor fixes, revisions and improvements have been made to ObMimic’s documentation.
For previous posts that describe ObMimic and show some example code, see:
- ObMimic Public Beta for Out-of-Container Servlet Testing
- Experiments with out-of-container testing of Servlet code using ObMimic (Part 1)
- First use of ObMimic for out-of-container testing of Servlets and Struts (Part 2)